5 At-Home care tips for swollen gums
Treat swollen gums with care. Here are some tips for at-home care
- Soothe your gums by brushing and flossing gently, so you don’t irritate them. Use a soft brush preferably or dip your brush in warm water for a couple of minutes before brushing.
- Rinse your mouth with a lukewarm saltwater solution to rid your mouth of bacteria.
- Drink lots of water. Water will help to keep you hydrated and the mouth moist and hence weakens disease-causing bacteria in the mouth.
- Avoid irritants, including strong mouthwashes, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Place a warm compress over your face to lessen gum pain. A cold compress can help decrease swelling.